SANTA ROSA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) —
Mandatory and voluntary evacuations were underway Thursday evening near the border of Ventura and Los Angeles counties after two separate brush fires erupted within miles of each other.
In Santa Rosa, the so-called Hill Fire burned 10,000 acres and prompted mandatory evacuation orders for Camarillo Springs, the Vallecito Trailer Park, the campus of Cal State University Channel Islands, and the neighborhood of Dos Vientos.
Shortly before 8:30 p.m., the commanding officer at the Point Mugu Naval Base issued a mandatory evacuation of the facility.
All alternates for US101 from western Ventura County to eastern Ventura County continue to be severely impacted. The best alternate continues to be SR-126. Another closure…Potrero Rd. has been closed as our friends @VCFD work hard to keep life and property safe. #hillfire
— CHP Moorpark (@CHPMoorpark) November 9, 2018
The 101 Freeway was closed in both directions between Borchard Road and Pleasant Valley Road.
– Point Mugu Naval Base
– Camarillo Springs
– Vallecito Trailer Park
– California State University Channel Islands
– Dos Vientos neighborhood
– All of Oak Park
– Bell Canyon: Saddlebow Road between Maverick Lane and Morgan Road
– All residents north of 101 Freeway, south of Bell Canyon Road, west of Valley Circle Boulevard
– North of Kanan Road
– West of Lindero Canyon to Erbes Road extending north to Sunset Hills Boulevard
– Thousand Oaks Blvd. north to Sunset Hills, from Oak Park west to Highway 23
– South of the 101 Freeway to Mulholland Highway, west of Las Virgenes Rd. to Westlake Blvd.
#WoolseyFire; MANDATORY EVACUATIONS. All residents in LA County, LA City & Ventura County. North of 101 Fwy, South of Bell Canyon Rd., West of Valley Circle, East of Erbes Rd. Also North of Kanan Rd, West of Lindero Canyon to Erbes Rd extending North to Sunset Hills Bl.
— VCFD PIO (@VCFD_PIO) November 9, 2018
– Borchard Community Center, 190 North Reino Road, Newbury Park
– Community Center Park, 1605 Burnley St., Camarillo
– Rancho Santa Susana Community Center, 5005 East Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley
– Pierce College, 6201 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills
– Taft Charter, 5461 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills
– Thousand Oaks Teen Center, 1375 East Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, 91362
– 101 Freeway at Borchard Road and Pleasant Valley Road in Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks
– Santa Rosa Road in Camarillo closed in both directions
SCHOOL CLOSURES FRIDAY
– Simi Valley Unified School District (all schools)
– Conejo Valley Unified School District (all schools)
– Hueneme Elementary School District (all schools)
– Las Virgenes Unified School District (all schools)
– Mesa Union School District (all schools)
– Oak Park Unified School District (all schools)
– Oxnard Elementary School District (all schools)
– Oxnard Union High School District (all schools)
– Pleasant Valley School District (all schools)
– Rio School District (all schools)
– Somis Union School District (all schools)
– Ventura County Charter Schools: ACE, Bridges, MATES, River Oaks, Vista Real (all Ventura County sites)
– Ventura County Office of Education: ACCESS, Dean Triggs School, Dwire School, Gateway Community School, Hathaway Preschool, James Foster School, La Mariposa Elementary School, Las Colinas Middle School, VCOE classroom at Moorpark High School, Phoenix – Airport, Phoenix – Los Nogales, Phoenix – Moorpark, Pleasant Valley Early Childhood Center, Ritchen Preschool, Sunkist School, Williams Preschool
– California State University, Channel Islands
(Copyright ©2018 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)