Florida Winn-Dixie stores and California chains Save Mart and Food Maxx were included on the list of retail stores that might have received some for the 6.9 million pounds of beef recalled on salmonella concerns Wednesday.
As with the retail list for the Cargill E. coli-linked beef recall, expect adjustments and additions over the next few days.
The beef, recalled by JBS Tolleson after 57 salmonella cases tracked back to JBS Tolleson-made beef, should be gone from use, expired or in consumers’ freezers by now. All the Use By/Sell By dates were in August and September for the beef products manufactured from July 26 through Sept. 7.
(On Thursday and Friday, the USDA raised the poundages of the products recalled and, thus, the total tonnage from 6.5 million pounds to 6,937,195 pounds).
Saturday’s release of the list came with the usual caveats from the USDA’s Food Safety Inspection Service: FSIS just has “reason to believe” these stores got the product, but “this list may not include all retail locations that have received the recalled product or may include retail locations that did not actually receive the recalled product.”
Which is what happened with the aforementioned Cargill list last week. And this recall is 52 times larger than the Cargill recall.
The stores on the list:
▪ Winn-Dixie: Stores in Florida; Georgia; 1571 Westgate Pkwy. and 1151 Ross Clark CK, Dothan, Alabama; and 1055 S. Eufala Ave., Eufala, Alabama.
▪ Harvey’s: Stores in Florida and Georgia
▪ FoodMaxxx: Stores in California; 565 E. Prater Way, Sparks, Nevada; and 3325 Highway 50 East, Carson City, Nevada.
▪ Lucky: Stores in California
▪ Save Mart: Stores in California; 9750 Pyramid Lakes Hwy., Sparks, Nevada; 4348 S. Carson St. and 3620 N. Carson St., Carson City, Nevada; 525 Keystone Ave., 4995 Kietzke Ln., 10500 N. Mccarran and 195 W. Plumb Ln., Reno, Nevada.
▪ Jons Market Place: 4501 E. 49th St., Vernon, California.
▪ Maxx Value: 415 Paradise Rd., Modesto, California.
▪ S-Mart: 610 Kettleman Ln. and 530 W. Lodi Ave., Lodi California.
▪ Super King Market: 791 S. Mission Rd., Los Angeles.